• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Tenancy Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tenancy Agreement

Hi all
    I am planning on taking a new tenancy and moving home in the near future. The following section appears in my new tenancy agreement. I assume Section 8 refers to Section 8 of the Housing Act 1988, and I want to understand what this section in the agreement means. Can somebody advise please ?*

Quote:
    If applicable, the Landlord may also end this Agreement under Grounds 1 or 2 under Section 8. The Landlord (or, in the case of
    joint Landlords, at least one of them) has occupied the Property as his only or principal home and may require the Premises as
    his or his spouse’s only or principal home. The Landlord hereby gives notice that possession of the Property may be recovered
    on Ground 1 in Part I of Schedule 2 of the Housing Act 1988; and there is a mortgage on the Property which, if not paid, may
    result in repossession under Ground 2 of the Housing Act 1988. If the Landlord wants to use either Ground, he will start the
    procedure by serving you with a Section 8 Housing Act 1988 notice. That notice is for two months and he cannot apply for a court
    hearing until after the two months have passed.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi,

The Housing Act 1988 states that the landlord can only issue the notice when certain criteria have been breached, for example, failing to pay rent.

You can visit*https://www.gov.uk/evicting-tenants/...tion-8-notices*for further information.

Thanks

I am a law student undertaking work experience on the LegalBeagles forum. My advice is from my own experience only and is given without liability. If in any doubt, please contact a regulated and insured legal professional to seek further advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X