• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Getting bullied by neighbor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting bullied by neighbor

Hi, I'm a council tenant and the neighbour bullying me is a leaseholder.

I've been having problems with this neighbour for sometime... mainly his music playing and noise late at night when he has lots of his friends around. I have asked him nicely if he could keep his music down late in the evenings and at night on a two occasions in the past and he was quiet for about a week then he got some sub woofers and plays the music even louder with constant bass thumps almost everyday and then from there he has became very antisocial and has large threatening looking gangs around his flat on most nights making lots of noise banging on the walls, shouting while playing loud thumpy bass music. I've also been verbally abused by this neighbour. He has also made friends with some of the surrounding neighbours who also come into his flat and join in with the noise making.

I often have to wear headphones to drown out the noise or sleep at my mothers house.

I really wanted to avoid complaining as I'm generally scared of my neighbour and his friends but I guess something has to be done otherwise the problem will continue I also fear for my safety at times.

I have called the antisocial line and the person I spoke to on the phone didn't seem all that interested and I was told they would call me back within 24 hours to take a more detailed report which they never did.

I really don't want to have to move because this is my dream flat and I've put a lot of work and money into it over the years. Its a very unique large spacious flat and I'd never get another one like it.

I've been taking down notes writing down the dates and times of the incidences and I've also been doing some recordings of there noise late at night.

Whats the best thing I can do?

Thanks.* *
    Tags: None

Am in same situation - is really tough and making me ill - trying to move - home exchange - intimidation from upatairs neighbour and now their family has moved in downstairs - tried reporting to police and HA - their are hands tied cant prove anything even police are intimidated !!

Comment

Read on

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ho...our-neighbour/

Comment

Trying to find a swap only.way.forwards - thanks gobe through everyone - including the Hoysing Omdudsmam !

Comment

Complaining about your neighbour - Citizens Advice

Comment

You need to contact your council, regardless of the type of housing, they are responsible for your welfare as a citizen. The council will have a welfare officer. As for the police being intimidated, I think the police can be a 'menace' when called for. Go up the chain of command if need be.

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/adv...th-neighbours/

Comment

Just want to be able to move from London to Norfolk via a Transfer - Exchange Process niot moving forwards - check every week i- not hapoenjng - thank you - have written to MPs etc and just get pasded aroubd and told the same thing we can offer mediation with you and your neighbours or move via Homeswapper - onwards forwards - will try an apoeal to be able yo Transfer from London to Norwich - Citizens Advice cant help and say tje same as everyobe - tey to swap

Comment

Have you contacted local councilors?, they can help.

If you've complained to the council, then you can lodge a complaint with LGO

https://www.lgo.org.uk/

Comment

Thank you am going to try and approach councillors in Norwich - have great supportive longvterm GP in Norwich who agrees has caused long term complex ptsd and have to find a peaceful home thank you for your suggestions and reading the post - have found a Housing Lawyer who will represent me - she also lectures in Housing Law - cross fingers - and she is willing to help others also - she has advised me to not give up my Assured Tenancy and that new housjng trust shared ownership leaseholds are high ridk for unminted sparrows like me - am a well worn temple elephant - am fair strong and hope that this year somethings shifts - onwards forwards wishing you well

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X