• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Getting leaseholder info from freehold management company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting leaseholder info from freehold management company

Hi,

I have a flat in London that I'm currently trying to remortgage.
    However, I seem to have picked a really bad moment as the block management company (the block freehold, not my individual leasehold flat) is changing from Company A to Company B. I urgently need some information regarding outstanding service and maintenance charges before the mortgage can go through.
    Company A just says that the block is nothing to do with them anymore while Company B says that they currently don't have the information to hand. It's been over two months now that I've been asking Company B for the info and I assume that by now they do, in fact, have the information on what, if anything, I owe.

Is the freehold management company obliged to provide information in a timely manner to leaseholders? Is there anything else I should be pointing out to them to speed things along?

Also, they tried to charge me £100 for simply telling me whether there were any outstanding charges, but that's another story...

Thanks for your help.
    matt
    Tags: None

Update... Company B has updated me and says that they have not been given the accounts by Company A.
    So now I'm trying to find out from Company B how long this is going to take and/or whether they can supply the details about my account.
    I can threaten to go to the property management ombudsman, but that's about all.

Any other ideas or legal avenues?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X