• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour moving my property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour moving my property

Hello,

So I have a neighbour who thinks she is so high and mighty. We live directly next door to each other in a terrace-like block of flats. We are both ground floor and are both tenants of the same housing association. We, as well as the other tenants, share the communal garden. All it is is a long stretch of green that goes along the terrace building.

So here's the story. It might sound silly but I just wanna know where I stand.
    So my neighbour asked me to move my bird bath from an old flower patch that has been overgrown with weeds. She said it was 'her' patch despite that fact it's in a communal garden and the patch is directly in front of my patio. She apparently wanted it moved because she wanted to replant etc (which was over a month ago and still hasnt done it yet). So I moved it. But again she wasnt happy where I put it and took it upon herself to put it somewhere else. I decided to move it from where she put it because it was under a low hanging tree where the birds couldn't see it (plus dead leaves and other stuff kept falling into it making the water go stagnant quicker). I put it next to the patch she originally asked me to move it from as the birds flock to it in that spot. But again she moved it back under the tree. Now, the little tent-like pegs that hold it into the ground have gone missing one by one each time she moved it.
    I want to tell her to please leave my stuff alone but before I do I'd like to know if there's anything in the law i can quote to her, considering she lost my pegs too. Our housing association has apparently got a record of lots of complaints about her from other neighbours as she seems to think she owns the place.
    Again, I know it seems silly but I want to make her see that she cant just take it upon herself to touch and move my stuff just because she doesn't like it.
    She's also put hanging baskets and hanging bird feeders along the outside of my flat inbetween my living room and bedroom windows.
    What power do I have?

Tags: None

Yes there's a law about your situation...

Comment

make an official written complaint to the housing manager they should then contact the neighbour also if you can ask other tenants to complain No need for you to put up with this

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X