• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Landlord selling the house -asking tenants to leave their rooms unlocked for viewings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord selling the house -asking tenants to leave their rooms unlocked for viewings

Hi all, hope y'all well

My daughter just moved into a shared house, she got it through a local estate agent.
    I helped her move last week. There was some broken furniture in there and an otterman bed, they weren't there when she went to see the room.
    We moved the furniture into an empy room downstairs and asked the landlord what do to about the bed, she just said we'd need to sort that out ourselves and that the furniture came with the room. The bed will need taking apart to get it out, so she just put her matress on that for the time being.

Now, the landlord sent a text message to all the girls in the house to leave their rooms unlocked because the house is now on the market and the estate agent needs to do viewings.

She is still waiting for her copy of the contract. This is really terrible behaviour from the landlord, telling the girls the house is going to be sold asap and only a week after my daughter just moved in, even after she had made it clear to to both the landlord and the agent that she was looking for somewhere long-term.

Just want to ask if anyone knows where she stands in regards to leaving her door unlocked, it seems quite unreasonable to ask everyone to leave their rooms unlocked and have strangers in and out when they are not there. I'd rather she just come back here for a while longer, but she's paid the deposit and a month's rent already.
    Tags: None

Utterly Dreadful

Comment

not sure if this helps, but the landlord or any of his agents cannot enter the property without permisison, the property in this case would be her room, he has to give 24 hours notice.

if he does not then she could have a claim for rent repayment order under harrasment, however you would have to check with someone who knows more about that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X