• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Multiple Breaches of Lease... How do I enforce it ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Breaches of Lease... How do I enforce it ?

I live in a large converted 1880's building that has 6 flats, we have a management company that we are all Directors of...although we don't own the freehold.

We have one flat owner who keeps breaching the terms of her lease...such as converting her car port into storage which is prohibited in the lease also failing to pay her contribution towards the building insurance and also carrying out work on her flat without the approval of the management company. She has also caused damage to two other flats due to building work she has had carried out that caused a leak to damage the flats beneath.

She is now ignoring emails and hangs up her phone when anyone tries to contact her regarding these issues...we have also sent letters that she ignores.

So I really need to know how I enforce anything that is in the lease because at the moment the lease means nothing to her her and she simply doesn't care and does whatever she wants.

Suing her doesn't seem to do anything either as I've heard she just ignores them and has many court demands from unpaid gas/electricity/water bill companies.

Any help greatly appreciated

Tags: None

Hi Guys any advise on this ? as I seem to be out of options

Comment

You/landlord could apply for an injunction but the issue is then enforcing it. There's may also be the ultimate option for the landlord to push for a forfeiture of the lease but that depends on the specific situation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X