• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems with my property following extensive road works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my property following extensive road works

Hi, I am hoping that someone may be able to offer a bit of advise on a current issue that I have.

My property has a fresh water spring running through the grounds and it sits within 200mtrs of a major motorway which is currently having extensive works carried out on it including sheet piling.

Last week the contractors had two machines running at the same time carrying out the sheet piling works and the vibrations felt within my house were enough to make the table shake.
    I have since noticed new cracks appearing both inside and outside of my house and also a wall in the garden has a huge crack in it which has made it very unstable.

I contacted the contractors to inform them of the cracks and to ask them if they were aware of the fresh water springs.
    They informed me that they knew nothing at all about the springs and they immediately sent someone to take photographs.

The following day I noticed that all work had come to a stop on the motorway.
    The person who came to take the photographs phoned me to say that they would be coming to install five vibration monitoring devices and a noise monitoring device in and around my property.
    They also instructed a structural engineer to come out and conduct a full survey of my property and land.

I am really worried as to what impact the sheet piling has had on my property and what can I do to take further action if the contractors do not take responsibility for the damage caused.
    I have tried to research as much as I can on the internet but I am not sure where I stand legally.

I would like to be prepared for when the contractors come back to me with the surveyors report so any help and advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X