• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Electric test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric test

Hi
    my gf lives in a housing association house she has lived there for 18 years and they have not done one and they have now decided to do an electric test after she complained that a sparky left a live wire in joiner block hanging by the water pipes and she got a shock ( she is on heart tablets )
    now they have said in order to do the electric test she will have to pull up the laminated flooring that got put down 6 months ago and take out her daughters built in wardrobe

where does she stand ???
    Tags: None

Ask them why they want that work done Are therre any sockets around

Comment

Apparently the house is getting rewired and the person who come round to look said she has to pull up the laminate and remove the built in wardrobe and basically move all the stuff from upstairs if she dont they wont do the work

Comment

As you said that is a rewire not a test.

Comment

She had the electric test that she has been asking for as she has not had one in 18 years
          now they say she needs a rewire but surely they should pay for the flooring ect as they done the test 6 months ago just as the flooring was about to be put down but they didnt say anything

Comment

I’m quite shocked with the period of time before checks. Housing Associations usually perform checks every five years. Perhaps asks them on their guidelines of when they perform the checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Setmefree3 View Post
              I’m quite shocked with the period of time before checks. Housing Associations usually perform checks every five years. Perhaps asks them on their guidelines of when they perform the checks.

! believe there is not currently any legal requirement for a specific electrical safety check (unlike gas*), although it is wise to do so.
              This is set to change in the near future.
              https://www.landlordsguild.com/landl...l-safety-laws/

There is, of course, a general obligation to ensure that the property is safe.

*http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...lation/36/made
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

! believe there is not currently any legal requirement for a specific electrical safety check (unlike gas*), although it is wise to do so.
                This is set to change in the near future.
                https://www.landlordsguild.com/landl...l-safety-laws/

There is, of course, a general obligation to ensure that the property is safe.

*http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...lation/36/made
                My time on this site is done. OP contact your Housing Association on their guidelines of electric safety checks, you might be surprised.

Comment

Setmefree3

I've PM'd you.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X