• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Poor maintenance of private road and public urination issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor maintenance of private road and public urination issues

Hello,

I'm dealing with two issues at the moment. I have tried contacting the local council but haven't received concrete solution to any of these issues. I'm posting them here in case someone can advice the way forward.

Issue 1: Poor maintenance of private road

I bought a maisonette above shops recently which is right next to a private road. This private road is large with regular movement and parking of cars. It is not maintained well and has a lot of poorly patched up potholes which break apart after every rainfall. There is also a lot of litter which is not picked up or cleaned. Neighbours don't mind much as they use the street for free parking.

I checked land registry and found that UKPN is the 'Cautioner' as this road provides access to their substation. The local council, after reviewing the land registry title, termed UKPN as the 'Successor in title'. I asked the local council if they can either adopt the road or help enforce the maintenance of it. They said they are assessing this issue internally but haven't heard back from them in six months even after multiple reminders and calls.

Issue 2: Public urination

To reach the entrance of my maisonette, we use stairs which are accessed from the same private road mentioned above. Our neighbours use the same stairs to access their homes. Regularly, homeless people urinate at the bottom of the stairs. Due to the angle of the stairs, it provides a bit of privacy to them. I understand that they are in difficult situation without a home but the smell from urine is a big nuisance for us. Not sure what to do in this case. Again, complained multiple times to council but not much help.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X