• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour been using back yard to access property + other issues.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour been using back yard to access property + other issues.

I own a terraced commercial property. The property next door has a flat above the shop and a full-length ground floor extension that opens into my back yard rather than the street. My back yard then has a gate opening onto the street. I purchased the property the same time as the neighbouring landlord and it was at this time they added the flat and asked to used the backyard as access. I agreed as long as there were no issues. Unfortunately, I've had a few issues over the years, and I've had to get the landlord to sort them out. Recently the shop next door has installed a refrigeration fan unit in my yard that is noisy. I spoke to them and then the landlord of the property asking to remove it. The landlord said he would get it moved. This hasn’t happened and now I think he's changed his phone number so I can’t contact him. During our discussions he once mentioned he had access to my yard in his deeds. I explained even if this was true access does allow him to use the yard for any other purpose. I’ve got copies of my title plan etc and lease and the land is listed as belonging to me.

I would like to stop next door from using my yard and get them to remove the refrigeration fan.

How should I go about doing this? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Hi

Check your deeds to see what it says about there rights of entry/passage. the wording might be important

If they got planning than probebly they have stuff on the deeds giveing them acsess, but that does not allow them to aim the oputlet of a fridge on your side. These sualy state that those using the acsess may not disturb or dammage, and some can be time limited.

Start with yuor deeds, then a gental notice that your disturb by the noise of the fridge. Tyen a notice to the Landlord if they not the occupiyer. Then, if they dont answer, the council, health and saftey/planning.

\
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

If the fan is in your yard, you should give notice to remove it. If they don't, you can remove it. Do that as a last resort, and only after checking the land registry carefully.

you can also check the right of access.

Comment

Originally posted by 2222 View Post
        If the fan is in your yard, you should give notice to remove it. If they don't, you can remove it. Do that as a last resort, and only after checking the land registry carefully.

you can also check the right of access.
        Probably one of the worse things you can do is remove it yourself.
        The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X