• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage complications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage complications

Hi, a couple of years back me and my partner separated, I allowed them to remain in the property which we had a shared property on because I did not want to jeapordise the children's education due to a matter that was not of their making and I continued to pay the mortgage.

The mortgage is joint but I have always made the full payment, my ex-partner cannot afford the mortgage and has been on the homeless register since our split but has not been rehomed. She is now wanting to sign the property completely over to me recognising that the costs I have covered over the past years more than make up for any financial interest she may have in the property. She does however want to remain in the property until she is rehomed.

Can anyone advise what complications I need to consider in this scenario? I imagine that the lender may be concerned about me taking on the full mortgage when I do not actually live in the property despite the fact that nothing has changed in practical terms.

Thanks in advance.

'I don't see why everyone depends on me. I'm not dependable. Even I don't
    depend on me, and I'm me.'
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X