• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letting Agency providing bad reference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting Agency providing bad reference

Hi all,

I put on a previous post that I was having issues with my letting agency who were falsely claiming that months old inspections weren't up to their standards and other such nonsense. They have recently decided to evict us because the landlord wants to take back the property to make improvements -yeah right-.

The notice came through so me and my flatmate decided to hunt for a new flat. We found one to our linking and started the process of applying for it. Yesterday we were told that our application had been declined because the previous agency said we were "exceedingly messy and unreliable when it came to correcting issues raised at inspections". None of this is true though even if it was they have now just sabotaged us finding a new place to live and we've got less than a month until the notice is up. We are never going to find somewhere on the back of this tainted reference it seems.

Any advice you have would be great.

Thanks
    Tags: None

When they came to do inspections, did they report back on the standard, or did they report back at all? Do you have evidence of this or when they came to do the inspections?

You need evidence to prove that the place wasn't exceedingly messy or that you failed to rectify the issues they raised. I presume that contact via email or some written evidence outlining their concerns would have to be somewhere in your possession or theirs.

If they have given a bad reference then that would amount to negligence and you could claim damages. As above, evidence is needed to prove your claim or if they can't supply the evidence, then you rely on the lack of that evidence from the letting agency to back up your claim.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

That 3 month gap I mentioned didn't have a report initially or any form of evidence backing up their claims other than them saying they thought it wasn't up to an acceptable standard. They gave us the all clear after that one anyway but a later inspection had them raise an issue that they already knew about and hadn't addressed. They cause us no end of issues and now this. They'll know all about it when we can't leave and they have to go about getting a court order.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X