• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pre action disclosure against DWP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre action disclosure against DWP

Hi guys,

Newbie here - I'm looking for some advice on pre-action disclosure.

I've made an application to the County Courts for a pre-action disclosure against DWP - namely the Child Support Agency, as a LIP.

I do not have a case with the agency, however around 5 years ago a member of staff accessed my tax records without consent. My details were supplied to them by the Parent with Care (PWC), as a Non-Resident Parents prospective partner, which was later disproven. The CSA admitted their breach of DPA and offered compensation, which I refused. Since then I have been inundated with incidents of harassment by the PWC. Recently, the CSA have contacted me again after being supplied with my further information from a 3rd party (PWC). I know who the 3rd party is because the CSA told me during 'off the record' call to me, however I cannot prove their identity without disclosure from CSA. The 3rd party could only have obtained the information that they've provided to the CSA by following me. I have made the disclosure application on the basis that, when I have the information I intend to take injunction proceedings against either the CSA (if they have breached DPA again) or the 3rd party.

I've had an initial hearing, which was postponed as there was insufficient time to hear the case however the CSA are trying to claim costs in excess of £2000 for today's hearing. Although I am confident that I can prove that I have exhausted every other avenue in order to try and obtain the identity of the third party, I am concerned that I am going to be hit for large costs whether I win or lose the case. As much as I don't want to drop the case, I am concerned that I will not be able to afford to pay the other parties fees for the final hearing. If I drop the case now, will I still be liable for their costs for todays hearing?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X