• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Facebook farce?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Facebook farce?

Someone I know has two old cars sitting on their driveway.

Where some people might see this & think 'junkyard', others will see two classic cars, fully restored & roadworthy, & very sought-after.

One man's meat, etc.

Neighbour disputes can be frustrating & costly, & sometimes they don't know what the actual problem really is. (The back-story, that is).

Have you considered mediation? -

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-resolve-ne...putes/overview

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/...r_disputes.htm
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Someone I know has two old cars sitting on their driveway.

Where some people might see this & think 'junkyard', others will see two classic cars, fully restored & roadworthy, & very sought-after. out Talking about my AC & MG B are you ?
      One man's meat, etc.

Neighbour disputes can be frustrating & costly, & sometimes they don't know what the actual problem really is. (The back-story, that is).

Have you considered mediation? -As suggested in posts 7 & 8 .... well "talking" anyway.

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-resolve-ne...putes/overview

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/...r_disputes.htm
      Neighbours disputes tend to be over minor matters which , for whatever reason, escalate out of all proportion. Advice is you try all means possible to resolve the issue, even if it means relinquishing what the parties perceive as their rights.

Comment

There are no branches hanging over as the trees got moved eventually. The car hasn't moved or even been looked at in 4 years. The tarpaulin is ripping, there are cans and bottles overflowing from the recycle bins, the covers for the gas and electric boxes are lying broken on the floor. The trike isn't in very good condition and other neighbours also consider it an eyesore. I understand about people who renovate classic cars etc, I don't have an issue with what is on his drive, my issue is I have lost 2 house sales because of how it looks to other people who are coming to view my house. I need to sell the house because my mother is 86 and in failing health with Alzheimers. I am her only family and also her carer. If his motorbikes bothered me I would have moved a long time since, we have lived here for over 9 years.
        As for the garden gate, not an act of god in my opinion as he had allowed the fence to get into a very bad state of disrepair. Within 2 days of this happening he put up a steel gate and resprayed his fence a diffferent colour trying to hide the green paint! An apology would have been nice. As far as I am aware the front of the house is to remain open plan.

Mediation is being looked into next week by myself once I have spoken to my solicitor to completely verify things.
        Thank you all for your replies.

Comment

You could have a word with your local Environmental Health department, if mediation proves to be fruitless.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X