• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Request For Further Information (CPR 18)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request For Further Information (CPR 18)

I sent a request for further information off back in July under CPR18.The other party have failed to respond to my request.What should be my next course of action?
    Tags: None

Re: Request For Further Information (CPR 18)

Originally posted by The Starving Taxpayer View Post
    I sent a request for further information off back in July under CPR18.The other party have failed to respond to my request.What should be my next course of action?
    I thought CPR 18 is an order via the court?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      I thought CPR 18 is an order via the court?
      Yes but before making an application to the court,the party requesting the information should submit the second party with a written request (which is where we are now)

Comment

CPR 31?

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...l/rules/part31

Is it 'small claims'?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes-Small Claims online.I have asked for further information under CPR18 directly to the other party & now want to ask the court for this information as the other party have ignored my request (as they have several letters before proceedings commenced).I wish to now ask the court for this information and am unsure whether there is a form to fill in,a fee to pay or should I just send a letter to the court explaining that I've given the other party reasonable time to co-operate but they've ignored my request.

Comment

Strictly speaking, CPR 31 doesn't apply in small claims.

But you can ask for any evidence the other party might hold, & if they are recalcitrant, ask the court to make them produce it.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...l/rules/part27

Extent to which other Parts apply

(1) The following Parts of these Rules do not apply to small claims –
            (a) Part 25 (interim remedies) except as it relates to interim injunctions(GL);

(b) Part 31 (disclosure and inspection);

(c) Part 32 (evidence) except rule 32.1 (power of court to control evidence);

(d) Part 33 (miscellaneous rules about evidence);

(e) Part 35 (experts and assessors) except rules 35.1 (duty to restrict expert evidence), 35.3 (experts – overriding duty to the court), 35.7 (court’s power to direct that evidence is to be given by single joint expert) and 35.8 (instructions to a single joint expert);

(f) Subject to paragraph (3), Part 18 (further information);

(g) Part 36 (offers to settle); and

(h) Part 39 (hearings) except rule 39.2 (general rule– hearing to be in public).

(2) The other Parts of these Rules apply to small claims except to the extent that a rule limits such application.

(3) The court of its own initiative may order a party to provide further information if it considers it appropriate to do so.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for the response & advice.My issue is that I have entered down the CPR 18 route so should continue down this road.I would like to contact the court but am unsure as how to do this (reasons stated in post #5)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X