• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Struggling With My County Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling With My County Court Claim

I have filed an N1 Claim form against 2 Defendants. Within the N1 Form,I listed very brief particulars of claim. Both Defendants have now responded and I now have 14 days to respond. The notice that the court sent says that I must complete the Questionaire (Form N180). Can I also send in a statement of truth countering what the 2 Defendants have claimed as they are asking for my claim to be struck off? The form N180 asks if I agree to the case being referred to the Small Claims Mediation Service. If I do this,do I loose the right to a hearing at a Small Claims Court? Are there any implications by refusing this? Any input will be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Struggling With My County Court Claim

The N180 is merely to ensure the case is suitable for the small claims 'track' of the county court process. It also attempts to resolve the matter by mediation if possible. Though it wouldn't harm your case to refuse mediation, most tick saying they will agree. Who knows, an hour long teleconference MIGHT sort things out and save wasting the courts time with a hearing?
    A statement of truth should not accompany the N180, but can be prepared and submitted as a 'Witness Statement', ahead of any hearing, should the case get that far. You are also welcome to write to the co-defendants at any point in the proceedings to challenge their allegations and refer to evidence such as invoices, emails etc. So long as these letters are NOT marked 'without prejudice' they can be included in your final 'bundle'
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      The N180 is merely to ensure the case is suitable for the small claims 'track' of the county court process. It also attempts to resolve the matter by mediation if possible. Though it wouldn't harm your case to refuse mediation, most tick saying they will agree. Who knows, an hour long teleconference MIGHT sort things out and save wasting the courts time with a hearing?
      A statement of truth should not accompany the N180, but can be prepared and submitted as a 'Witness Statement', ahead of any hearing, should the case get that far. You are also welcome to write to the co-defendants at any point in the proceedings to challenge their allegations and refer to evidence such as invoices, emails etc. So long as these letters are NOT marked 'without prejudice' they can be included in your final 'bundle'
      Thank you very much.I have no problem in accepting mediation and agree there is nothing to loose and everything to gain by going down this road.I was just concerned that I would commit to mediation by ticking the box,thus loosing the opportunity to pursue via the small claims track.For clarity,I intend to send off the N180 within the allocated time slot and then send witness statements to both defendants (copies to the court) in an attempt to counter arguments made by the Defendants regarding striking the claim out.

Comment

Hello, this seems to be a common tactic of solicitors to try and get a claim struck out. Ignore, follow what the Court ask you to provide and do your homework. Do not give the defendants any information ,you do not need to. The Judge will not be to happy, if the striking out application has no proper grounds. It feels daunting but you will get more confident, the mediation is your choice. You have a right to vindication, use it, you have had to take them to Court, know what you want from it. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by smileyculture View Post
          Hello, this seems to be a common tactic of solicitors to try and get a claim struck out. Ignore, follow what the Court ask you to provide and do your homework. Do not give the defendants any information ,you do not need to. The Judge will not be to happy, if the striking out application has no proper grounds. It feels daunting but you will get more confident, the mediation is your choice. You have a right to vindication, use it, you have had to take them to Court, know what you want from it. Good Luck
          Hi. Thank you for taking the time to respond in such an encouraging manner.

Comment

Hi, please keep us posted as to your progress, once you have started it works a lot slower than you think. I have had the defendants late in filing but that means nothing, the Court however, does make a note of the fact. Another thing I forgot to add, was the Court itself are helpful in pointing you in the right direction when filing papers, ask, it does not cost anything.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X