• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help sought with mediation hints and tips please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help sought with mediation hints and tips please!

I am involved in a mediation process this Monday 8 July.

I am seeking hints and tips please on participating in a Small Claims Mediation process. I am the Claimant. (i) Are there any assumptions to be drawn from the fact that the Defendant has agreed to mediation? (ii) Has anyone been through the mediation process - if so, do I need to prepare myself on the legal arguments of the case? (iii) Can anyone please give me some general advice on how I can use this process to my advantage?

This mediation has come about as a result of a dispute with a Trade Union for failing to protect and represent me properly when I had serious employment difficulties which ultimately led to me being unfairly dismissed. Within the Allocation Questionnaire, both the Defendant and I have indicated a willingness to enter into a Small Claims Mediation, and the District Judge has directed that we go for mediation. However the case has been listed for a hearing in August if the case remains unresolved.

I would appreciate your help please, and I'll be happy to clarify any aspect in case the above is a bit vague.
    Tags: None

Re: Help sought with mediation hints and tips please!

Hi Tigs,

*Post deleted
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you. I'm sorry but I don't understand. Have I broken any forum rule? I'm asking a genuine question. I genuinely need help. I don't understand why my thread has been deleted.

Comment

Sorry Tigs,

I misread - thought it was ET - have re-read & seen it is 'small claims'.

Is there a chosen mediator, or will it be just yourself & the Union bods?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigs View Post
          Thank you. I'm sorry but I don't understand. Have I broken any forum rule? I'm asking a genuine question. I genuinely need help. I don't understand why my thread has been deleted.
          Lol. no, you haven't been deleted.

I misread your post, & gave spurious info.

This has not been my day!
          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Pheeeew! Thanks.

To answer your question, I undestand the Small Claims Mediation moderator will contact me and the other party and the Defendant and I will be talking to the moderator in turns. The Defendant and I will not be talking directly to each other. It's all done over the telephone.

Comment

It is one method.

Mediation is a bit of a buzz-word, given the recent shake-up of the legal world.

They say every picture tells a story.

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

and this for hints/tips

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you very much charitynjw. I'm watching this now. I appreciate your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X