• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jurisdiction of judge's in Human rights cases.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jurisdiction of judge's in Human rights cases.

Hello
    I have been refused permission to apply for judicial review of a judicial act. The judicial act in question was the circuit judge's decision to refuse permission for me to appeal. My appeal was made under Human Rights Act 1998 ( section 6; right to a fair trial).
    the judge who refused me permission to a apply for judicial review was a deputy High Court Judge.
    Rule 7A of CPR Part 2 states that;

7A(1) A deputy High Court Judge may not try a case in a claim made in respect of a judicial act under the Human Rights Act 1998.

Can anyone tell me if the deputy High Court Judge had jurisdiction to hear my application for judicial review, which was made under Human Rights Act 1998.?

Thanks for any advice.
    Tags: None

Re: jurisdiction of judge's in Human rights cases.

Originally posted by toymaker1 View Post
    I have been refused permission to apply for judicial review of a judicial act. The judicial act in question was the circuit judge's decision to refuse permission for me to appeal. My appeal was made under Human Rights Act 1998 ( section 6; right to a fair trial).
    the judge who refused me permission to a apply for judicial review was a deputy High Court Judge.
    Rule 7A of CPR Part 2 states that;

7A(1) A deputy High Court Judge may not try a case in a claim made in respect of a judicial act under the Human Rights Act 1998.
    Guess what?

He didn't try the case.

Can anyone tell me if the deputy High Court Judge had jurisdiction to hear my application for judicial review, which was made under Human Rights Act 1998.?
    Didn't you just state that he had not heard your application?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Guess what?

He didn't try the case.

Didn't you just state that he had not heard your application?
      The deputy High Court Judge heard my application. - I am asking if in fact he had the jurisdiction to do so, as I have just come across Rule 7A. - It struck me as odd if a judge who does not have jurisdiction to try a case, nevertheless has jurisdiction to hear an appeal on that case.
      I admit I dont know.

Comment

May I ask what the issue is ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X