• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help :((

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help :((

This is so hard to write I feel much worse with my mental health. I was in B&q where I needed some items for a job . I was on the phone and mind elsewhere and stupidly put 2 items in my pocket with my phone. Still mind elsewhere I walked out and got a can you come with me what’s in pockets. I thought you Pratt you didn’t pay. I did offer and he said no.
    Security said you can come in office or we call police . I was cooperating and I explained I’m forgetful with health . He asked if I had I’d which all I had was a card with a name and pic. He wrote name and asked for address and date of birth.
    not sure if he took my reg but I wasn’t took to the office and didn’t have a pic took or sign anything . He kept saying do you know who I am etc, you’re done for blah blah .
    he said if you come back again we will call police .
    I didn’t rise. As he walked away he said you best of told me Correct address and expect a letter from B&q.
    I know I’m in the wrong but genuinely forgot etc I know you must hear this lots . I’m so worried I have had bad thoughts with my life .
    can anyone tell me what to expect.
    what’s worse I use shop for work lots
    Tags: None

You will probably receive a letter from Civil Recovery Solutions requesting you pay an extortionate amount to cover all sorts of dreamt up costs.
    It will be written in legalese, and seem rather threatening with talk about courts and CCJs.

You can ignore that letter and all the follow up letters as they have no legal standing.
    Only letter not to be ignored is a claim form from the court (and you won't see one of those!)

B&Q lost nothing as presumably they retained the goods in a saleable condition, and their security personnel are only doing the job for which they are paid

Suggest you find somehere else to shop for a few months until they have forgotten you.
    If you are seen in there, as long as you are not breaking the law, all they can do is insist on your leaving.
    If you should steal (and I am not suggesting you are a thief) you could be charged with burglary rather than theft

Comment

No I’m not I’m mortified. Thanks .
      I’ve been reading and worrying as people saying you have to pay etc or court action

Comment

So had the letter
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh dear ! I wonder to what " loss and consequential damages" they are referring

Standard drivel for ignoring

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Oh dear ! I wonder to what " loss and consequential damages" they are referring

Standard drivel for ignoring
            TIGA 1977??
            I'm guessing, but I'd imagine the security bod took the goods back? (Not much of a security bod if the OP was allowed to walk away with them)?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

TIGA 1977??
              I'm guessing, but I'd imagine the security bod took the goods back? (Not much of a security bod if the OP was allowed to walk away with them)?
              Trespass to goods? but they were recovered undamaged and saleable so CRS still spouting drivel

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

Trespass to goods? but they were recovered undamaged and saleable so CRS still spouting drivel
                I agree.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

So just to update you all. I got the letter then lots of calls. I explained the situation and what I researched and that security didn’t follow procedures. Crs advised me to appeal. Today I got my email so say the case has been closed and no further action. Thanks all

Comment

that's great
                    thanks for the update

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X