• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do I summon witnesses from the Defendant's side?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I summon witnesses from the Defendant's side?

Hello LB members! I was wondering if you could help me please, this is a question I have asked before but I'm still not clear on process and protocol for calling witnesses from the Defendant's side. I was directed to: http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...rules/part34#I This link takes me to the Court's Procedure Rules which in turn mentions form N20. But when I look at the form N20, it seems it is the actual Summons document rather than an application form to be completed and submitted into Court. So I'm lost as to what to do. I would be grateful for some guidance please as the hearing dates for my case as the claimant should be announced by the Court soon. I hope you can help. With many thanks. I would be grateful for your help. Mack65
    Tags: None

Form N20 is correct, what more do you want to know? You shoud also read the relevant Practice Direction which I assume is where you found out about Form N20.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I seem to have inadvertently irritated you Rob, I am sorry - please accept my apologies.*

Comment

Hello LB colleagues.* I hope you can help me with the following questions please.
        (i) In completing form N244, can I request more than one Order in the same N244 form?* For example (a) I wish to seek an Order to summons two witnesses and (b) an Order for the Defendant to disclose the Allocation Questionnaire as she has not sent one to me despite polite requests.
        I hope you can help.

Comment

Sorry, but Rob is right, the N20 form is what you need https://assets.publishing.service.go...17/n20-eng.pdf

You face wasted costs if you proceed with an application, it isnt the correct way forward, and also if you need the DQ the Court should be able to send you this.
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
            Sorry, but Rob is right, the N20 form is what you need https://assets.publishing.service.go...17/n20-eng.pdf

You face wasted costs if you proceed with an application, it isn't the correct way forward, and also if you need the DQ the Court should be able to send you this.
            Thank you very much PT2537.* A recently received a 'Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track' which says the following about witnesses: "Witness statements shall be included in the documents served and filed.* This includes the evidence of the parties themselves, and any other person whose evidence is to be relied upon, whether or not it is intended to call them at the hearing".

The Defendant has implicated her siblings in her defence. I have the idea of calling the Defendant's siblings so that I can have the opportunity to defend and nullify the Defendant's allegations.* But to do so, the case management protocol requires me to provide the Court with witness statements of those witnesses I intend to call in evidence.* Without such witness statement, the Court will not allow me to call the witnesses.*

-* How can I get round this problem please or what can I do to compel the Defendant's siblings to attend Court?

I would be grateful for any steer or ideas please.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X