• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judicial review and CPR rule please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judicial review and CPR rule please?

Could someone please let me know what is the "case law in 52.3.8 of the white book"?

Also, if a county court had 50 material pages missing of a bundle and the judge carried on and refused permission to appeal, I believe I can do a judicial review. Who do I do it against? Do I have to take Watford County Court to court, is that even possible?
    Tags: None

Not sure a judicial review is the correct process. If you felt the decision of a judge was wrong then the usual method is to appeal and seek formal permission to appeal by application.

Is this a normal county court case and you are not happy with the decision? If so, the above would apply, not a judicial review nor proceedings against the county court itself.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

The White Book note 52.3.8 reads:
      "The overall effect of these provisions is that every disappointed litigant at first instance can, one way or another, achieve at least a brief hearing in the appeal court, so that the main thrust of his complaint can be ventilated orally"
      The provisions to which the White Book refers are those which allow a would-be appellant, if leave is refused on paper, to seek an oral hearing before the Court of Appeal on his application for leave.

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower888 View Post
        Could someone please let me know what is the "case law in 52.3.8 of the white book"?

Also, if a county court had 50 material pages missing of a bundle and the judge carried on and refused permission to appeal, I believe I can do a judicial review. Who do I do it against? Do I have to take Watford County Court to court, is that even possible?
        Just to say I did that appeal, but first you have to seek permission to appeal, and it was refused. I think the judge was just intent on shutting matters down. There was no fairness to that.

At the second hearing I ended up representing myself after a barrister I had lined up pulled out too late, and it meant I was unable to find another in time. I did seek an adjournment, paid the fee, but the court never dealt with it in time, and I was told it would be at the hearing, but it was not. I asked but the judge didnt deal with it. By this time I was suffering with depression, with inevitable consequences that I was railroaded. So despite winning, I got little, not even the court fees back, which I dont believe is correct.

I appealed it was refused permission. The other side's barrister even confirmed at that appeal, that I had made the adjournment request and it was not dealt with by that judge.

Totally lost faith in any justice system after that experience. It was a sham, a whitewash of an appeal and from what I can see appeals generally seem to be. This was small claims track, despite it going on for 1.5 years, (pre-covid time) and there being two experts. When I wrote to the court to revise the track, it was not processed because of a change in judge it now seems.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X