• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legal Proceedings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Proceedings?

A builder walked off my house renovation some two and a half years ago, sending me a text to say "find yourself another builder to complete the job". As he had already run over by over 6 months and was disappearing to other jobs, we did exactly that and never heard anything from him until 12 months later we received an invoice for just under £19K with 7 day to settle. We immediately sent a letter to dispute this invoice and within 2 days received correspondence (letters, phone calls, emails) from a no win no fee debt recovery company. After some 3 months providing substantial evidence to back up us disputing the invoice this company backed off and took no further action as at Jan 2018.

On 21 December 2018 I have received a letter from a solicitor "Re: Issue of Proceedings" with a photocopy of a N1 Claim form , no seal , no claim no along with Particulars of Claim. This letter said that these document have been sent to "Court for Issue". This solicitor does not appear to have followed Pre-Action Protocol (no letter before action/claim) as this is the first correspondence I have received from them ever and I have not had any other correspondence regarding this invoice since Jan 2018.

Is this a bluff?? Should they have followed protocol or are they using the actions of the previous debt recovery co as this protocol?
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X