• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can't attend a Small Claims hearing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't attend a Small Claims hearing...

Hello all,

I have a hearing against a cosmetics company but cannot make it. I am happy with it to go ahead in my absence and send my documents in advance, but do not know what part of the CPR to refer to about doing this, sending the Court sufficient notice, etc.

Could anyone tell me how much notice is required, and/or tell me what part of the CPR to look at?

Thanks,

Babs
    Tags: None

Re: Can't attend a Small Claims hearing...

Originally posted by Barbarah View Post
    Hello all,

I have a hearing against a cosmetics company but cannot make it. I am happy with it to go ahead in my absence and send my documents in advance, but do not know what part of the CPR to refer to about doing this, sending the Court sufficient notice, etc.

Could anyone tell me how much notice is required, and/or tell me what part of the CPR to look at?

Thanks,

Babs
    Hi Barbara

If it is a Small Claims hearing, see CPR 27.9(1)
    https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/part27#27.9
    Min 7 days notice.
    You should then receive notification of the judgment reasons subsequent to the hearing (CPR 27.8(6)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Can't attend a Small Claims hearing...

Better to try and postpone. Not turning up will put you at a big disadvantage.

QCK

Originally posted by Barbarah View Post
      Hello all,

Thanks,

Babs

Comment

So I have a hearing tomorrow Just been told over the phone that the Defendant is not turning up and asked the Court to consider written submissions. They did not inform me of this under CPR 27.9 and thought this was fine. Can I now ask the Judge to strike out their claim?

Comment

what happened???

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X