• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Witness Identification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witness Identification

Hi,

In a court of law if a witness identifies a person as the driver of a vehicle, but the driver has shades on, so he cannot be 100% certain he is the driver despite the same make, model, colour of vehicle registration plate number of the car would that come under there is doubt of the identification of the driver therefor case/allegation probably dismissed? They say you have to be 100% guilty to get a sentence however even if its 99% still cannot get a sentence?

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Witness Identification

If its a motoring offence the law states the keeper must give name of driver if its not them to refuse or not do so can get a bigger fine/points and costs were you the person identified?

Comment

it's relating to a criminal law. Accusations have been made in the past and will be made in future but if I wear shades there is an element of doubt who the person is. I am thinking on a defensive level as I've read so many stories about miscarriages of justice and knowing the system and playing the game trumps the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by pipsaholic View Post
        it's relating to a criminal law. Accusations have been made in the past and will be made in future but if I wear shades there is an element of doubt who the person is. I am thinking on a defensive level as I've read so many stories about miscarriages of justice and knowing the system and playing the game trumps the truth.
        Its not right to ask this,

It seems like your asking can you get away with criminal use or driving of a car, becuase you ware shades. I had to read again just to make sure thats what you was asking.

If you havent got a licence then you shouldnt be driving.
        If you have lost your licence then theres probebly a reason for that.

Accusations have been made in the past and will be made in future but if I wear shades there is an element of doubt who the person is.
        I genuanly hope your not for real

They say you have to be 100% guilty to get a sentence however even if its 99% still cannot get a sentence?
        Stop listneing to the voices that are saying that. there full of ***t , No one would every be sentanced if that was the case.
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
          Its not right to ask this,

I can ask what I want on this forum.

It seems like your asking can you get away with criminal use or driving of a car, because you ware shades. I had to read again just to make sure thats what you was asking.

You are misinterpreting me what does the law say did I say I was going to do it NO.

If you havent got a licence then you shouldnt be driving.

Why are you judging me I have a 100% clean license and fully insured with MOT and SERVICE by the way

If you have lost your licence then theres probebly a reason for that.

Again don't quote stuff you have no knolwedge of.

I genuanly hope your not for real

Stop listneing to the voices that are saying that. there full of ***t , No one would every be sentanced if that was the case.
          A new office has opened in my city named Miscarriages of Justice as they are oversubscribed I tried to register.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-Britain.html

Comment

I think you may be clutching at straws, unless you havea very astute barrister.
            In criminal cases where a suspect disputes identification, the prosecution will be put to proof that the defendant is, beyond all reasonable doubt, the person who committed the offence.
            That is not the same as 100% certainty.
            You might find this link to CPS interesting http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/h_to_k/i...n_of_suspects/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X