• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need help with an amendment claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with an amendment claim

ive got to write and amendment claim and send it to the new defendant because the other ones been struck out how will the court now ive served it on
    Tags: None

Re: Need help with an amendment claim

A little scarce on the details there...?

Comment

Permission for the claimant to amend the claim form to add blank as a second defendant. The amended claim form must be filed and served by 4pm on the 20 may 2016.

There be summary judgment in favour of the 1st defendant and the claim against her stands dismissed.

Theyve told me to do this but i dont understand it

Comment

You need to file with the court and serve on the defendant an amended claim form as per court instructions in accordance with CPR part 17
        https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part17
        and https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...rt17/pd_part17

Don't forget the statement of truth

Comment

is this definitely what i have to do because if its wrong i get struck out im not trying to cloud your judgment

Comment

You have said you have "Permission for the claimant to amend the claim form to add blank as a second defendant"
            Part 17 states the Court Procedure Rules if amending a statement of case.

I know of no other directions to comply with.
            Others might know of a different set of rules!!

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

what form do i need to write on and send?

Comment

https://www.moneyclaimsuk.co.uk/cred...dant-name.aspx

With a link to the N244 form
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/no...sked-questions
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

As you have the court's direction you need to follow that.
                      From what you have posted you need to file and serve an amended claim form as per Practice Directions 19A
                      The example linked to in Charity's post (does that girl never sleep?) needs to be tweaked to reflect the fact you already have the court's permission.

Addition or substitution of defendant

3.1 The Civil Procedure Rules apply to a new defendant who has been added or substituted as they apply to any other defendant (see in particular the provisions of Parts 9, 10, 11 and 15).
                      3.2 Where the court has made an order adding or substituting a defendant whether on its own initiative or on an application, the court may direct:
                      (1) the claimant to file with the court within 14 days (or as ordered) an amended claim form and particulars of claim for the court file,
                      (2) a copy of the order to be served on all parties to the proceedings and any other person affected by it,
                      (3) the amended claim form and particulars of claim, forms for admitting, defending and acknowledging the claim and copies of the statements of case and any other documents referred to in any statement of case to be served on the new defendant.
                      (4) unless the court orders otherwise, the amended claim form and particulars of claim to be served on any other defendants.
                      3.3 A new defendant does not become a party to the proceedings until the amended claim form has been served on him2.

A claim form is amended by striking through in RED and replacing the struck through words in RED (CPR 17 2.2 et seq)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X