• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wasted costs - strike out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasted costs - strike out

Dear all,

What is the equivalent of a Preparation Time Order in a County Court?

In the event that I successfully defend the other side's strike out application I believe I am entitled to recover wasted costs even as a litigant in person.

Could someone kindly advise how I go about preparing a document in this respect.

Sincere thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Wasted costs - strike out

Is it correct that I am able to claim costs at a fixed rate of £18 per hour if I am unemployed?

Is CPR 46.5 the respective rule?

Comment

Originally posted by heisenberg View Post
      Is it correct that I am able to claim costs at a fixed rate of £18 per hour if I am unemployed?

Is CPR 46.5 the respective rule?
      I believe it has recently been increased to £19.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        I believe it has recently been increased to £19.
        Thanks ol' chap. Where is it defined?

Comment

Originally posted by heisenberg View Post
          Thanks ol' chap. Where is it defined?
          PD27 The Small Claims Track and PD46 Costs - Special cases

Litigants in person costs

A small amendment is made to (1) hourly rate that litigants in person conducting their own case may claim for legal work; and (2) the amount a party or witness may be paid for attending a small claim hearing. The first amount is increased from £18 to £19 per hour and the second from £90 to £95 per day. The increase is based on the change as represented by the Average Weekly Earning Index since the figures were last amended in 2011.
          https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            PD27 The Small Claims Track and PD46 Costs - Special cases

Litigants in person costs

A small amendment is made to (1) hourly rate that litigants in person conducting their own case may claim for legal work; and (2) the amount a party or witness may be paid for attending a small claim hearing. The first amount is increased from £18 to £19 per hour and the second from £90 to £95 per day. The increase is based on the change as represented by the Average Weekly Earning Index since the figures were last amended in 2011.
            https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil
            Thanks charitynjw.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X