• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compensation claim awarded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensation claim awarded

Hi

New to the forum, so not to sure if posting in the right place.

Need some help with a judgement that has been awarded to my dad by the court.

Oct 2011 my dad had and accident, a cleaning firm JFM cleaning was to blame for the accident and the solicitors were able to win my dad a compensation award through the courts for £3300. Unfortunatly no payment has been recieved, recently the company JFM cleaning went into liqudation and i attended the meeting of creditors. THe company books showed a balance of £10,000 with £6000 owed to secured creditors and then the liqudators would be taking their cut which was roughly £4000, the debt on the company left about £30k included in this was the tax HMRC, my dad and other unsecured creditors.The director was a complete arsehole and in the meeting i asked him why his insurance had not paid my dad if he was insured, he answered no comment. He also turned up in a brand new mercedes and still had a jacket with his companys logo on it that he wore to attend.
    Following this meeting the liqudators have now been able to provide me with his insurance details and his policy number.....
    Can anyone tell me what my next step should be in trying to get this award for my father, as i said the accident was in 2011 and my father is 65 and since the accident has not been a well man and suffered pain due to th accident his is not the same man and i really feel this should have been paid out, i can only guess this director of JFM cleaning never informed his insurance at the begining he also ignored numerous court hearings. Now i have the insurance details i am looking for the next step.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X