• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Van had clutch fixed, delivered back to me, wouldnt start! where do i stand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Van had clutch fixed, delivered back to me, wouldnt start! where do i stand?

On the subject of covert recording.

Hearsay evidence is often inadmissible as evidence to prove the veracity of a fact.
    Just because someone has been heard to make a statement doesn't prove the truth of a statement.

But it is possible to use it to prove that the statement was made (but not whether the statement is true), which may be useful (if allowed into evidence) to challenge the honesty/recall of a witness & the subsequent weight given to their version of events.

How does this square with covert recording?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Van had clutch fixed, delivered back to me, wouldnt start! where do i stand?

well to be fair it all doesnt really matter now. they finally fixed the van, this is 3 weeks after the fact, 3 weeks of me having to ring them, 3 weeks of promises to have it back this day or that day, or yes we will ring you and keep you informed.

in the end they brought it back over after me just telling them if it drives get it here.

the exhaust was blowing, it failed to start properly on my drive, it had an engine management light on for EGT sensor and it was filthy on the outside.

to be fair though i was "happy" just to get the van back, until they gave me the invoice for "parts" which i never agreed to pay anyway.

it came in at £270 !!!!!!!

needless to say i gave them some of there own treatment, once i had the key in my hand, i took it for a LOOOOOONG test drive, so long infact that i never bothered paying them....

i simply drove off.

i have rung them and told them nicely they wont be getting any money from me, as any moneys that they will require will be used to repair the van which for the second time has come back in a worse state than it went. after much too`ing and fro`ing i think the garage was resigned to tha fact they are fighting a loosing battle.

van is nearly all fixed now and running quite sweet.......

lesson learned, never hand any money over until you have test drove it......... and if youve been a c**t with the customer, dont give him the key to the van back and try and block him in on his drive....

Comment

Originally posted by thecheekymonkey View Post
        where do i stand,
        At the nearest bus stop. :rofl:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X