• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can anybody help me with a legal issue ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody help me with a legal issue ?

Hello

I live in a Housing Association shared ownership flat I bought 7 yrs ago. I have had an ongoing battle with the Housing Association about water charges. Anglian water send the bill for water direct to the Housing association who pay the whole amount and we pay via are service charges I have documentation saying this but they insist that the water charges are separate from the service charge. When I first bought my flat I was a bit clueless, they told me their was a separate charge of £25.50 a month for water and so I have been paying it for the last seven years. Until recently a neighbor of mine who also has a shared ownership flat said he had to get a solicitor to point out [ I assume I have the same lease ] that it does not say anything about paying for separate water charges in his lease and on his annual rent statement it doesnt say anything either [ like mine ] and they backed off. I have looked at my lease but its all in legal language. I cant afford a solicitor, the one I rang up to get info on charges £100 an hour. The citizens advice center wont be able to help me because they are not legally trained to go through my lease.
    Now I have been sent a letter from S.R.J. Debt Recoveries - client - Anglian Water service address - n/a for recovery of £1639.48

Has anybody got any advice please

bambisoloved
    Tags: None

Re: Can anybody help me with a legal issue ?

Hi bambi,

Could you scan & post up the service agreement.

(Remember to obscure all personal details, but don't damage the original copy)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by bambisoloved View Post
      they told me their was a separate charge of £25.50 a month for water
      Bottled?

Now I have been sent a letter from S.R.J. Debt Recoveries - client - Anglian Water service address - n/a for recovery of £1639.48

Has anybody got any advice please
      Tell the buggers you've already paid through the Housing Association and that you have no desire to pay for it again, even if all their water had been personally passed by the Chairman.

Comment

Hello charitynjw

Thanks for replying

I am afraid I dont have a scanner.

I can post it to you but I can understand if you dont want to give me your address

Thanks anyway

Bambisoloved

Comment

I am afraid I don't have a scanner.
          Could you use a scanner at a local library or community centre?

Comment

A local law centre may be able to help you with this:

http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/

Comment

Dear Labman and Cleverlogs

I have contacted my nearest Law Centre via email which is Luton and left them a message to see if they can help.

If they cant help I will go to the Library and use their scanner and send it to you.

Thanks for you help I will let you know if they get back to me.

bambisoloved

Comment

Hi bambisoloved,

Photocopy the original document(s), obscure personal details if any, scan & post up here.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Dear Charitynjw

Ok, I will go to the Library Monday and photo copy what I have and scan it to you. The Librian should be able to help me with the scanning bit.

Thanks

bambisoloved

Comment

Dear Charitynjw

I went to the Library but they dont have a scanner so they directed me to a media club house for the public and who have a scanner. So I went there and they asked me to ask you if they can scan my documents as a pdf doc and email it to me then can I email it to this forum i[ if its possible ] They didnt seem to know how to post it on a website for me.

Sorry to be so clueless about these sort of things but how do you post documents onto this website ?

banbisovoved

Comment

You can just post a pdf attachment. Cute pdf writer is free and will print direct to a pdf file.

To post it on here, just to the right of the "Post Quick Reply" button is "Go Advanced." If you click that, it should be obvious from there onwards - basically you browse to the file on your computer, double click it and you'll see it appear. Click upload and it will eventually disappear. If you click post then, the attachment will be in your post.

Comment

Dear Charitynjw

I went to the Library but they dont have a scanner so they directed me to a media club house for the public and who have a scanner. So I went there and they asked me to ask you if they can scan my documents as a pdf doc and email it to me then can I email it to this forum i[ if its possible ] They didnt seem to know how to post it on a website for me.

Sorry to be so clueless about these sort of things but how do you post documents onto this website ?

banbisovoved
                        You can just take pictures of the documents with a digital camera or mobile phone and upload the JPEGs. hoto:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                          You can just take pictures of the documents with a digital camera or mobile phone and upload the JPEGs. hoto:

Dear Labman and Flaming Parrot

Ok I will have a go.

everything is easy when you know how. I am just not computer savvy - sorry

bambisoloved

Comment

Anglian water send the bill for water direct to the Housing association who pay the whole amount and we pay via are service charges I have documentation saying this ...
                            This is the key.

See also if you can get the HA to confirm in writing that this is so.

Comment

Dear Border Collie

Good idea I will write to them

I have also got an appointment to see my Local Law Center on Aug 15 in my town perhaps they can help me.

Thanks

bambisoloved

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X