• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Curious about Pub dress codes and notice requirement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious about Pub dress codes and notice requirement

If pubs have a dress code, for example "No foot ball colours allowed", or similar, is there any law (in particular in Scotland) to have a sign up stating this? If so, what are they?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by arduino88; 17th June 2013, 11:21:AM. Reason: change ******** to foot ball
    Tags: None

Re: Curious about Pub dress codes and notice requirement

Not sure of any written laws on this but I do know a landlord can refuse to serve anyone he chooses and does not have to give a reason.
    So I should imagine putting up a notice is just to make it easier and clearer to express this.

Comment

Yep,,totally agree with enaid,,dress code is at the landlords/managers discretion.

Comment

Thanks, I thought this may be the case, but was discussing it with friends and thought that there may be some legal requirement to display such things.

Comment

When we had a pub in england we had no dress code as long as they came through the door ,saying that we wernt in an area where we would expect trouble would have likked some females to turn up topless but alas they did not would have increased trade no end

Comment

when I worked in a pub, we had a sign up saying "If you must be topless have nice abs"

The boss changed it to : If you wouldn't want your nan seeing it, cover it!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X