• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

can anyone explain this please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone explain this please

Local Government Act 1888

section 79 sub section 2, All duties and liabilities of the inhabitants of a county shall become and be duties and liabilities of the council of such county. does this mean what i think it means
    Tags: None

Re: can anyone explain this please

How the hell might anyone know, unless you explain what you suppose it means?

No, it does not mean the County Council takes over liability for one's account with the butcher, baker or coal merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by buggachube View Post

section 79 sub section 2, All duties and liabilities of the inhabitants of a county shall become and be duties and liabilities of the council of such county. does this mean what i think it means
      I have no idea because I'm not a psychic :noidea:

Comment

what does it mean then? not being legally trained i don't understand legalese so i am not able to decipher this foriegn language, that's why i ask the quetion. i have read the local governmet act 1888 section 79 subsection2 and i understand it as it is written, if i am incorrect can you someone please enlighten me to correct meaning.

Comment

When the County Council was created it took over the duties of all the previous 'county' authorities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Government_Act_1888

Comment

When is/was the essay due?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              I have no idea because I'm not a psychic :noidea:

But you know one msl:

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                But you know one msl:
                Now you're just being belligerent :nono:

Maybe I should send her a link to this little known Act of Parliament in case it helps her from becoming homeless :couch2:

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
                  When the County Council was created it took over the duties of all the previous 'county' authorities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Government_Act_1888
                  the act describes the inhabitants of the county and not previous authorities.

Comment

the act describes the inhabitants of the county and not previous authorities.
                    buggachube, the obvious question here is what exactly do you need to understand in the act(you've answered with the legalese of the act). The next question is the context that we are answering the question, ie what are you looking into because that is where we can answer as to whether it applies and what your understanding of it will mean for you. currently we are speculating with the context behind it. Without that there is no way of answering the question.

Please can you oblige and we will do so accordingly
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I am guessing because i would not read such an antiquated act. But i should imagine the the liabilities mentioned would be owed to the state, perhaps tax, and it is saying that the county is vicariously liable all sums due from its residents to the exchequer like I said just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        When is/was the essay due?

1889!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X