• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cloak Room / "Lost Items"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cloak Room / "Lost Items"

Cleverclogs
    Lots of strange things happen in bars even people trying to pull a fast one,we had someone say they left their phone on the bar and it was stolen by another customer.Turned out to be a scam to claim on isurance for stolen phone that never was stolen other scams i know of customers tell fibs its human nature same as evryine does

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Lots of strange things happen in bars even people trying to pull a fast one,we had someone say they left their phone on the bar and it was stolen by another customer.Turned out to be a scam to claim on isurance for stolen phone that never was stolen other scams i know of customers tell fibs its human nature same as evryine does
      An item left on a bar counter would not have been accepted into the bailment of the hostelry until/unless it had been handed in as lost property and kept safely for the owner to ask for it.

If the story had been that the 'phone had been stolen by another customer before the bar had accepted it for safe keeping, it is difficult to understand how any reasonable person might consider the bar to be even slightly responsible.

Comment

The insurance they were claiming on was not ours having been in the building industry and had a pub i have seen and heard of many scams and known a good few conmen as the OP left money and cards in coat given we presume to a total stranger in a place where you pay with either cash or a card and it goes missing then refuses to report it to the police i for one have my doubtsstrange they never came back?
        Also i would ask was there in or around the bar or anywhere in this place a disclaimer most places have one somewhere we did.
        as i said we werent to be the victims ofthe insurance job

Comment

The insurance they were claiming on was not ours
          Indeed?

I was not aware that, apart from professional insurance, one could insure against oneself being negligent or stupid.

Comment

Cleverclogs
            Sorry i dont understand your 22.50pm post
            what were you on about tjey were trying a con on an insurance company there was no negliligence or stupidity on ours or their behalfs i was wondering what the OP wasup to his actions dont seem right?

Comment

Sorry i dont understand your 22.50pm post
              what were you on about they were trying a con on an insurance company there was no negliligence or stupidity ... their behalfs
              It's a bit like leaving one's motor-car by the side of a road in Liverpool unlocked, with the key in the ignition switch and the engine running, then being astounded when the motor-car is no longer there when one returns an hour or two later.

Comment

Thought i'd check back on the thread and somehow you've digressed a little. Im a little disappointed that from helpful advice you have turned to an attack on myself.

Just to re-iterate and explain a few points;
                -I have absolutely zero intention of fraudulently claiming any of the items described, due to my occupation it wouldn't be worth the risk.
                - Yes, in hindsight I shouldn't have left all of those belongings in the coat, I just handed over the coat when he offered to look after it.
                - I didnt intend to stay there long so had a little bit of cash in my pocket (to the question about why I left some money/cards in the coat)

I did speak to the police about it but they told me to go back the next day, see if it had been handed in and then report it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Manofmystery View Post
                  Thought i'd check back on the thread and somehow you've digressed a little. Im a little disappointed that from helpful advice you have turned to an attack on myself.

I did speak to the police about it but they told me to go back the next day, see if it had been handed in and then report it to them.
                  I'm sure it was nothing especially personal, it's part of forum life. However, what you construe as an attack on yourself was an attack on your actions, rather than you. Even you admit they were not the wisest!

Also, despite going to the police, you appear to have made absolutely zero effort to actually do anything as a result of the advice they gave you. This is a little puzzling when you've lost your house key, wallet, debit cards, cash etc..... It is not what I would consider a 'normal' action to just ignore something this serious, yet you did. I think you sort of set yourself up for a bit of teasing by doing this.

Good to see you back here though, and don't be put off!

Comment

Manof mystery
                    I was not attacking you for your actions i just find it all strange i said i had experienced scams by people in my pub the point being this is how your circumstances can be misinterpreted it happens that there are scammers out there,i have to ask have you been in this bar before?and how did you pay for drinks etc. with money left in coat and if you had reported this to the police and made a complaint it might turn out that others have had the same happen to them in the same place?
                    Itry not to judge but look at things from both sides this promotes a discussion on this forum notjing else im not judge and jury

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X