• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Traffic signals/road signs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Traffic signals/road signs

What was the exact location?

I assume this was a CCTV PCN, issued by whom TfL or council?

Comment

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post

Im trying to help a friend with a PATAS appeal. There are very limited grounds of appeal and Adjudicators cannot take mitigating circumstances into account
      Quite simply, the contravention did not occur. You were acting under the direction of a police officer

Comment

LB Camden caught on CCTV, To enable friend to proceed with his appeal on an equal footing I drafted him a letter that he has sent to Camden requesting CCTV footage at a specified time and place that shows uniformed officers informing him of the route he was being directed to follow.
        I will be interested to see if they comply with his request.

Comment

That's good. Doesn't really matter either way. If they do, all well and good.

If they refuse, you can mention this at adjudication and the council will not be in a position to disprove.

It would still be a good idea to get the TRO the street where the contravention is alleged from Camden to make sure the clause is there.

You can inspect hard copies of the orders between 9am and 5pm on Monday to Friday at the Contact Camden reception

Comment

I dont think that there was a TRO in place for the street where the "contravention" occurred

It was Jubilee Bank holiday Tuesday 5th June, and as many streets and bridges were closed there was a group of uniformed Police officers advising motorists of the routes to use to get to their destinations

Comment

If it was a sign 613 that is normally there then there must be or the sign is just street clutter.

M1

Comment

When he approached the street the Police told to him to access, he saw a no right turn sign. so he drove on for a few yards looking for somewhere he could turn round so he would be in the right direction. Couldnt see anywhere so did a u turn in order to follow the route he had been told to use.

Comment

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
                  I dont think that there was a TRO in place for the street where the "contravention" occurred
                  Yes there is. Every traffic restriction yellow lines, parking bays, no right turns, no U-turns etc etc has to have a TRO, without which the restrictions are not enforceable.

Comment

I have to agree with Michael on this, Cyn. Any road closure, traffic sign, speed limit, etc., is not legal unless authorised by a TMO/TRO. The only time a road closure would not require a TRO/TMO is in an emergency, e.g. burst water main, road subsidence, road traffic collision.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

SUCCESS
                      His won his appeal last week
                      He made a couple of requests for info to Camden, eg TROs, copy PCN, Camden didnt even reply
                      Camden failed to provide him with a complete evidence pack
                      Re request for CCTV footage of Police directing motorists -Camden Parking claimed that it didnt believe it could be obtained, but in the meantime I made a FOI request asking for their CCTV retention policy - Camdens reply was that traffic enforcement CCTV was retained for 7 years.

Comment

Naughty LB of Camden. I bet they weren't best pleased at your friend having his appeal upheld. But then, they shouldn't have behaved in the way they did.
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X