• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

can catalogue hold me to their terms and conditions if nothing signed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can catalogue hold me to their terms and conditions if nothing signed

I would appreciate some advice please regarding littlewoods catalogue and myself.I took out catalogue with them 12 years ago,I was a good customer and only started having problems in 2005 when my partner had to give up work due to serious health problems,my income went down a lot and I could not afford the total monthly amounts I was meant to pay,my account was passed onto their in house collections,ndr,and I have been dealing with them since then.I always paid something,I could have gone down the route of a debt relief order but chose to persevere and as of next month will have paid them the 2800 pounds I owed,as well as my partners heart and lung problems he also was diagnosed with cancer last year so I have been unable to work due to looking after him,not trying to spin a hard luck story here,just wanted anyone to know it has not been easy paying this off.Before my account was passed onto ndr I used to get 10 per cent cashback,I have had nothing since 2005 and apart from the last payment next month of 80 pounds to finish it off I feel I am owed 280 pounds in cashback or if they no longer do this then the equivalent of what their awards scheme is now,I have emailed littlewoods and they have said they have classed my account in arrears since I was paying smaller monthly amounts than was required by them and their terms and conditions say I am not entitled to anything because of this.I never did sign any customer credit agreement or anything else so I wondered if they could hold me to this and withhold my money,I have 2 letters here from them stating they do not have a signed cca,I dont know if this has any bearing at all and perhaps I am clutching at straws but 280 pounds is a lot to us and if there was anything I could do or say any advice would be great.ndr have been diificult to say the least to deal with over the years,I could say a lot more but dont know what I am allowed to say on here,apart from paying them what I owed I have had a lot of ridiculous charges to pay and even had to get my partner to speak to them on my behalf after they upset me,but anyway,can they withhold my money if no cca or anything else signed,should I write to someone about this,their directors names are on the internet,or do I not have a leg to stand on,thanks very much for any help
    Tags: None

Re: can catalogue hold me to their terms and conditions if nothing signed

I do think you are stretching things a bit to ask for 'cashback' after you've been in arrears for years. I would imagine the cashback was an incentive to good and timely payers.

What I find amazing is that you paid them at all after they told you there was no signed agreement to repay anything. I didn't and when I asked a judge to repay my interest he simply pointed out that he'd written off my debt, what more did I want? (I think I'd have got it if I'd worded my claim properly though).

Besides, with no agreement there is no T&Cs for them to honour any more than there were any for you to honour.
    Last edited by basa48; 20th July 2012, 18:28:PM.
    They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Re: can catalogue hold me to their terms and conditions if nothing signed

Thanks for your reply,maybe I should have had the nerve when they dont have a signed cca but I simply was scared of anyone coming to the door,constant calls from ndr and more charges piling on top of what was already owed,didnt need anymore pressure than was already under so guess I wimped out,I have got a lot to learn and need to harden up,anyway thanks again,by the way we share the same birthday,aug 24th,different year though,julie,candidates partner

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X