• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contract signed without consent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract signed without consent

If a company signs a legally binding contract on behalf of another company, without the consent of the other company what can be done about it and who is liable for that contract?
    Tags: None

Re: Contract signed without consent

I think we need more information. Is the Company part of a group of companies or did they have the right to do so?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Re: Contract signed without consent

As far as I remeber from what I know of contracts you require the following aspects for a binding contract:

* Agreement
      * Consideration
      * Certainty
      * Intention to create legal relations

Additionally, some contracts require:
      * Formalities (think signed, sealed, delivered!)
      * Capacity to make a contract

So it depends what the relationship is between the two companies (I have no experience of company law, so please double check!) but it would appear on the very basic facts that there was no agreement and no intention to make legal relations. However, I would seek legal advice on this subject, allowing your lawyer access to all the facts.

CT
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      see http://www.gillhams.com/dictionary/276.cfm for brief guide

Ct
      Last edited by Chip Tuesday; 19th January 2011, 12:46:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X