• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Photograph taking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photograph taking

Can anyone point me to the bit of legislation which allows for a photgraph to be taken if a littering offence has been committed? A photo of the person, that is, not the litter they are alleged to have dropped. Presume its under some act or other, but the wardens don't seem to know what gives them the power to do it, only that they can because they're accredited to the police.
    Is no longer here

Re: Photograph taking

Technically, there is nothing preventing anyone taking a photo of anything in a public place.

Comment

I found the legislation covering it now.

Thanks
      Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
        Can anyone point me to the bit of legislation which allows for a photgraph to be taken if a littering offence has been committed? A photo of the person, that is, not the litter they are alleged to have dropped. Presume its under some act or other, but the wardens don't seem to know what gives them the power to do it, only that they can because they're accredited to the police.
        I cant see that it would do that much good anyway, cos it doesnt prove they dropped the litter. But if you are going to say that the warden witnessed them dropping the litter, then you dont need the photo.

Also how are the wardens accredited to the Police?

Comment

Well thats exactly what I asked them, but have now looked it up and W Mids police have given them special powers, loads of legal stuff but basicaly they're sort of tagged on to the police and have a lot a powers that the police have. I think this varies from Force to Force, it said that my lot were the first ones to get it.

Apparently its to do with evidence gathering, especially if you don't have ID on you at the time. They can also give you a "producer", from what I've now read.

And it wasn't a particualrly flattering photo anyway lol.

And the end result is either pay up the 75 penalty, or go to court, get found guilty anyway, and pay more.
          Last edited by WendyB; 5th October 2007, 13:47:PM. Reason: spelling
          Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X