• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police say it's harassment to contact a person for civil case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police say it's harassment to contact a person for civil case

I have sent complaint letters to a person who is self employed with a view to take them to court if they don't put right what they have done.

This person has reported me for harassment to the police. The silly PC dealing with it said I can't contact the person and to get a solicitor. I called to complain and a sergeant said they can't stop me taking civil action against them.

Now I have sent them a without prejudice settlement offer and they have reported me to the police for harrasment again. The same silly PC rang me and said I need to come in for a interview. I told her I was told I can still take civil action against the person.

What can I do to stop this person going to the police every time I send letters for complaints or civil action?
    They are causing me so much stress by going police. I am a litigant in person.

Is there anything I can do via civil court to stop them going to the police
    I followed the civil procedure rules by trying to resolve without issuing a court claim. The deadline for me to issue court claim is Dec 2025

I feel harassed by this person going to the police. They are doing it so I can't go down the civil route.
    Tags: None

When/if you go for the interview with plod, insist on the duty solicitor being present.

Instead of writing to "the person", just initiate the court claim.

Comment

Yeah the duty solicitor will be there and the appropriate adult.

I would hope to settle before court as I don't want to see them if they defend the claim.

Comment

Appropriate adult? Why is one needed?
        All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

I am a vulnerable adult so need an appropriate adult with me at the police interview.
          I have also found out that if I issue a court claim against the person they will kill themselves.
          And if I report the person to the police for their crimes against me they will kill themselves.
          The person is suicidal so what ever I do I can't get justice for what they did to me.
          I am taking civil action against them for crimes committed and have said if it can be sorted out civilly I won't report them to the police.

But they keep reporting me maliciously for harassment because I have sent litigation papers when I have tried to sort it out civilly as per the CPR rules.

Comment

Just tell the police EVERYTHING would be my advice. Ignore the suicide threats just tell the police that is the reason you have not reported them previously. Hide nothing. Then walk away.

Comment

Interesting - If I was the duty solicitor I would be telling that PC in stark terms that if he/she contacts the the OP again, on the subject matter, that PC will be reported to the police for the offence of witness intimidation, because the OP would be a witness if a claim by the OP issues.

Meantime, my advice is to make a formal complaint here https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/com...it-a-complaint

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X