• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HMRC Not paying Tax Rebate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMRC Not paying Tax Rebate

I am owed £2,132 from HMRC.

Money order was supposedly sent via second class post on the 10th April.

So far no sign of this.

Phoned my contact this morning at HMRC to complain, she took my bank details and said the would pay via bank transfer.

Still no sign of any monies.

Can I go to small claims Court?
    Tags: None

Write them a 14 day letter. Your payment could well arrive in that time.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      Write them a 14 day letter. Your payment could well arrive in that time.
      I spoke to Jane at HMRC this morning.

They cancelled the cheque today and its currently with a repayment officer.

I understand its just waiting for a payment to go directly into my bank.

Does anyone know how long this will take?

I did get upset on the phone as I'm overdue on a credit card and was going to use this money to pay it off.

Comment

BACS is generally said to take 4 days, Faster Payments usually arrive in the recipients bank the same day. County Court cases take 9 months or so to get to hearing.

Getting "upset" on the phone may not be the best way of getting the person to want to help you more quickly.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
          BACS is generally said to take 4 days, Faster Payments usually arrive in the recipients bank the same day. County Court cases take 9 months or so to get to hearing.

Getting "upset" on the phone may not be the best way of getting the person to want to help you more quickly.
          I'm hoping they will do a Faster Payment.

Its been sat with the repayment officer since this morning.

Comment

He probably has absolutely nothing else to do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X