• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restarting a claim originally done via EU cross border procedure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restarting a claim originally done via EU cross border procedure

Hiya LB.

So, I started a claim against Vueling airlines years ago, using the cross border EU procedure, just before Brexit was ratified. They did not respond to the claim, instead returning it stating the forms were not in Spanish (which they actually were).

It has taken my local court almost three years to arrange with me making an application for default as my argument is they had their chance to file a defence and failed. Been getting Spanish translations sorted out for the application, serving via foreign process section, etc etc.

Anyway, interestingly, very recently Vueling finally started responding! Filed a defence to my claim and have taken on an English solicitor to deal with it.

I'm just curious whether would be more sensible now to serve a new N1 particulars of claim on their English solicitor and ask the Judge to stay the cross border claim until this UK one is sorted out? Would that be 2nd bite of cherry? Or some other sort of conflict?
    Tags: None

You've started several threads on this, it's really unhelpful to start yet another thread.

Comment

This is actually different from those other two. Different circumstances re: one is a EU cross border claim, the other would be a UK based claim.

Comment

Originally posted by AshDunn View Post
        This is actually different from those other two. Different circumstances re: one is a EU cross border claim, the other would be a UK based claim.
        O.K., all I would say is that, both can be dealt with on one thread, we do that with debts. The person advising will no doubt be able to advise on both matters on the same thread.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

O.K., all I would say is that, both can be dealt with on one thread, we do that with debts. The person advising will no doubt be able to advise on both matters on the same thread.
          IF you are looking for a fight just say. I will go home to get tooled up and meet you in Tesco car park.

Comment

Comment

Why would you be thinking of amending your claim (because that is what serving new Particulars of Claim would be)?
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

IF you are looking for a fight just say. I will go home to get tooled up and meet you in Tesco car park.
                Wow, you are so scary, is that the best you can do. The thing is I don't need any tools.

Comment

Handbags, ladies.
                  Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
                    Handbags, ladies.
                    He's been given constructive advice, but thinks it's acceptable to do his Popeye routine.

Comment

I thought it was obvious it was a joke lol

Comment

It would actually be the same claim,. just using a different legal route, I believe? Removes the need for Spanish translations and having to use the foreign process service every time we mail them?

Comment

Are the solicitors on the court record? If so, you can serve documents on them.

Comment

They are. Do you mean the cross border documents?

Comment

I was referring to any document that you may need to serve on the other party in the course of the proceedings.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X