• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mother in laws will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother in laws will

I am writing to ask if anyone can tell me if I am entitled to part of my mother in laws estate. She passed away on the 31st of October 2023. My mother in law and I were very close. My husband passed away on the 2nd of January 2020. My mother in law, told me that she had told my husbands youngest brother who was executor of her will that she wanted to give me my husbands share.I was my husnamds full time carer for 9 years. I still found time to take my mother in law to all her hospital appointments, doctors appointments, opticians appointments. I used to order all medication. Take her shoppingup when she needed it. She always told me that I was her favourite. I've been told, that the will was only made out to her sons and grandchildren.It seems unfair that I should lose out, just because my husband passed away. I've done more for her than her own family have. If it wasn't for me, nobody would have known she'd had a fall. I took over my husbands role of phoning her 3 times a day to see if she was okay. I've had to block one of me sister in laws from my phone, as she called me yesterday and was ranting down the phone telling me I was greedy. I just wanted to know if I had any claim over my husbands share.
    Tags: None

You have previously referred to a son. If your late husband was his father, then any bequest to your husband should pass down to his children.

s33 Wills Act 1837 - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga.../26/section/33
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Have you got a copy of her Will!?

Comment

Please click on the link here, its a Government website to apply online for a copy of someone's Will and Probate.

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X