• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Seeking Advice on Amending Medical Records

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Advice on Amending Medical Records

I need some advice regarding an issue with my medical records.

I received an epilepsy diagnosis in 2014, and my records from my initial neurology appointment contain a note describing my seizures as "unresponsive episodes”, which I need to be clarified for those who may read them.

The confusion arises from the interpretation of the term "unresponsive." In my case, "unresponsive" simply meant that I didn't speak during seizures. It did not indicate any loss of consciousness or control.

Upon renewing my driving licence, it was instead revoked, because in a consultant I never met ticked the box saying I’ve lost consciousness based on reading that I had been “unresponsive”.

My current neurologist supports my case but is not able to offer much help in terms of getting things cleared up.

This situation has put my life on hold, and I'm seeking advice on how to address this discrepancy in my medical records. Any insights or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Posted for information only - https://www.medicalprotection.org/uk...edical-records

Comment

Isn't this really a question of clarifying with the DVLA what the initial diagnosis from 2014 observed rather than retrospectively changing your medical records?

If your current neurologist is satisfied that you are medically fit to drive I would have thought that they would be able to confirm to DVLA that you do not suffer loss of consciousness or loss of control during seizures. And I'd expect them to know how to do that. as it must be a common occurrence.

Have you looked at this? Reapply for a driving licence following a medical condition: How to reapply - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Have you spoken to DVLA?

Comment

Manxman I had hoped it was something I could just sort with the DVLA, but they will not disregard that a consultant ticked a box on the DVLA medical forms stating that I lose consciousness. My only way to get this rectified is to prove that the information that consultant used was incorrect. It’s been made so unnecessarily difficult.
        I only have one chance to ask the DVLA to reconsider so I have to have all my ducks in a row first - otherwise the next step is magistrates court, which I would prefer to avoid.

Comment

Sorry - are you saying that the underlying medical record from 2014 is wrong, or are you saying that "a consultant" has mis-interpreted those records when doing the paperwork for a recent DVLA medical assessment?

If the latter, is this your consultant or a Dr acting on behalf of the DVLA?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X