• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charity help for rent deposit but

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity help for rent deposit but

Ok this is an odd one someone has become homeless no fault of their own a charity offered to help but once person has found a place they will pay X amount.Thats not the way it works rental companies want the money first so it's actually not helpful .If I said I was landlord as letting said person stay here as temporary help would it have implications for me technically would be landlord for now but tax etc .. it's a one off payment that could me said Person can get own place back on feet ..advice please
    Tags: None

Originally posted by redstar View Post
    Ok this is an odd one someone has become homeless no fault of their own a charity offered to help but once person has found a place they will pay X amount.Thats not the way it works rental companies want the money first so it's actually not helpful .If I said I was landlord as letting said person stay here as temporary help would it have implications for me technically would be landlord for now but tax etc .. it's a one off payment that could me said Person can get own place back on feet ..advice please
    Hello,

If you pose as a landlord to help someone secure temporary housing through a charity's one off payment for rent, you may face legal and ethical implications. Misrepresenting yourself as a landlord could be considered fraud or deceitful behavior. Additionally, tax implications may arise as you could be required to declare the rental income, even if it's a one-time arrangement. It's advisable to work within the system and consult with the charity and local housing authorities to find a more legitimate and effective solution for the person in need, such as directing the charity's payment to a legitimate landlord or agency.

Comment

Originally posted by raymondhick1 View Post

Hello,

If you pose as a landlord to help someone secure temporary housing through a charity's one off payment for rent, you may face legal and ethical implications. Misrepresenting yourself as a landlord could be considered fraud or deceitful behavior. Additionally, tax implications may arise as you could be required to declare the rental income, even if it's a one-time arrangement. It's advisable to work within the system and consult with the charity and local housing authorities to find a more legitimate and effective solution for the person in need, such as directing the charity's payment to a legitimate landlord or agency. white dog poop

Is this was helpful or not?

Comment

Ignore RAYMONDHICK1. They are a spammer and have been reported.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X