• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What Can Our Son Do (or us)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Can Our Son Do (or us)

Our 24-year old son has been threatened by a family, saying that they are after him & bringing a samurai sword (they have already been to our house in the middle of the night & smashed his work van windows).

Police have been & because our son won't make a statement, there is nothing they can do.

It seems a bit of a lose-lose situation - if he makes a statement to the police, they'll know he said something. If he takes matters into his own hands, he'll be in serious trouble.

What to do?
    Tags: None

Get security cameras / floodlights / alarms installed. You can sign up to a security company, get them to install a panic button. There is a lot you can do.

He should just make a statement, the police might then consider installing a 'panic button'.

If 'family; want to do him harm, then why does he want to protect them?

Comment

echat11 - because there are a lot of them - he was involved with them before, stopped contact and started his own business & is doing well with it - maybe they're jealous, I don't know.

He doesn't want to make a statement because if the police turn up to "warn" them or whatever, they'll know exactly where it came from.

Catch-22

Comment

Originally posted by KaptainKhaos View Post
        echat11 - because there are a lot of them - he was involved with them before, stopped contact and started his own business & is doing well with it - maybe they're jealous, I don't know.

He doesn't want to make a statement because if the police turn up to "warn" them or whatever, they'll know exactly where it came from.

Catch-22
        For starters do the stuff in post (2). Is there anyone with influence over them, who could speak to them?

islandgirl Any thoughts?

Comment

What has your son done to incur these people's wrath?

What is there to stop you making a report?
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I will set up extra CCTV looking through the window ground floor outside.

Atticus - He doesn't know - he thinks they're jealous of him setting up his own business & doing well. Sadly, some of the family are in prison, the others aren't & are constantly sending "threats" to my son. They don't seem to care who they hurt or what they do.

Like I said, it's a Catch-22 situation - yes I'd love to make a statement, but then they would find out & me or my wife would become the targets via my son.

I have met some of the family & they aren't very nice people (burglaries/smashing things up/drugs etc).

Comment

Originally posted by KaptainKhaos View Post
              I will set up extra CCTV looking through the window ground floor outside.

Atticus - He doesn't know - he thinks they're jealous of him setting up his own business & doing well. Sadly, some of the family are in prison, the others aren't & are constantly sending "threats" to my son. They don't seem to care who they hurt or what they do.

Like I said, it's a Catch-22 situation - yes I'd love to make a statement, but then they would find out & me or my wife would become the targets via my son.

I have met some of the family & they aren't very nice people (burglaries/smashing things up/drugs etc).
              Put visible signs stating CCTV recording, so they stand out all over the place.

On Monday ring a security company, get a free survey, note down what the recommendations are, you just want the advice then act on it, on your own.

Keep updating the thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X