• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Illigal phone tapping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illigal phone tapping

Hi. This sounds like I am A barmy person. I do know that there is phone tapping on my phone. I have had trouble with North Yorkshire Police. I made a phone call to my energy provider over my bill on my landline phone. I then 2 hours later found a voice message on my mobile with a cut of 30 seconds of the call. I know it os tapped. They even want me to know. How do I get information from my mobile provider? Does this involve hireing expensive layers and getting a judge court order? We have heared in the news about news papers doing this. How could the likes of Elton John prove it was tapped?
    Tags: None

Change your number? Change your phone?

Comment

I can see why someone would want to tap Elton John's phone but why would they want to tap yours?
      All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Phone 'hacking' and phone tapping are different things. Hacking, as reported in the news, is gaining access to voicemail, usually of celebrities such as Sir Elton.

Who left the voicemail with the recording of your call? I ask as companies such as energy providers are always telling us that calls to them are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Make sure you have a pin set up on your voicemail.have a test done to check for faults crossed line etc if landline .. if police are tapping your phone you don't really have a leg to stand on .. if water energy company it would be quite odd approach your phone provider have fault tests done and pin on voicemail

Comment

Also do you have any electronic equipment your phone could be picking up eg baby monitors alarms or radio equipment also check if neighbours have equipment ieg radio enthusiast has antennas outside ect. It happens and people think interference is phone tapped. I'd digital Orr VoIP phone ensure router not beside electrical equipment and as said previously ask for fault tests etc

Comment

I knew I wuld get comments like this. If someone want's to listen to my phone calls, they would have to contact my provider and get access. If I knew your mobile number I could not listen to your conversations. How can the someone record my phone call on my landline and paste 30 seconds of the conversation into a voice mail on my mobile. This did happen and can only be done with someone with expereese. This has happened and I am getting a bloody nose from them.

REDSTAR: Explain how I made a phone call on my landline could end up on my mobile as a voice call 2 hours later using a baby monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul567 View Post
                This has happened and I am getting a bloody nose from them.
                What do you mean " getting a bloody nose"? How? I don't understand what that means.

And I asked earlier in the thread, "I can see why someone would want to tap Elton John's phone but why would they want to tap yours?"
                Last edited by PallasAthena; 19th July 2023, 17:47:PM.
                All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Paul . Honestly electrical interference can cause play back white noise and a lot more. Please read my previous suggestions as someone with telecommunications and itc knowledge ..I am treating your concern with genuine concern and trying to help. If you you do not wish to elaborate as to whether you have done the standard checks and as to why you would being phone tapped surely you can understand why some members may be sceptical.I wish you luck and an not repeating what I suggested please read and digest previous posts that I made

Comment

Ps food luck

Comment

Er good luck not food luck

Comment

And if at the end of all this you are still convinced you are being phone tapped having done checks .. then sorry maybe ico can help

Comment

Some of us have been attacked by someone who have now be identified as someone who works for the police and who has got a false identity. I have got ALL the evidance. When I went public with this, this pissed off the police.

Are you sugesting the ICO can intervene and get information from tesco mobile?

I did not realise that Elton John was a mind reader!
                          Last edited by Paul567; 19th July 2023, 18:19:PM.

Comment

You need to do checks as already said ICo are about privacy data way it's used etc please do the checks to get taken seriously and then may be check with Ico as to data breech privacy but you need to do checks electrical equipment ..fault voicemail on .. someone leaving recorded message inadvertently in phone .. etc you sound understandably stressed and I wish you well .It could be something something simple like a cabinet fault but you haven't specified I'd mobile or landline or digital or VoIP etc I have given as much as I can..if not trusting if local police maybe there is police ombudsman equivalent I am in area of UK that has own governance regarding police but certainly that's an avenue worth exploring imo not a legal et al detective..good luck n take care n you are being treated seriously ignore the supposed hilarious comments.If possible incognito update would be great as said with background very interested in trying to help and what your outcome is

Comment

Sorry you said mobile Tesco then still applies and actually more whether WiFi calling or using network get fault test equipment as previously said. .. electronic interference neighbours broadcast own radio or CB yes they do even today .. ICO police ombudsman good luck over and out from me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X