• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Problems with a neighbour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Problems with a neighbour

I have lived quite happily at my address for nearly 10 years this year.

Everything changed in September 2021 when a new neighbour moved in next door.

He was elected as local Councillor in May 2022.

He is clearly abusing his position as Councillor on a number of grounds.

Ever since moving in, we have experienced nothing but parking problems.

I have a dropped kerb, double yellow lines, and an h bar all across my driveway.

My husband has had words with next door on 4 occasions now not to park across the driveway.

This has fallen on deaf ears.

We had Verisure cameras fitted 5th June, this has picked up lots of occasions of their visitors parking across the drive, showing no consideration if we had to get out in an emergency, as there was other places to park at the time.

I am registered disabled as I was born was disabilities, plus I'm a blue badge holder.

We have reported this to the Police, because he is a Councillor they won't get involved.

So, I have legal expenses cover on my building insurance.

Where would I stand to get an Injunction, preventing my neighbours visitors from parking across my drive?
    Tags: None

That question is best answered by lawyers engaged through your insurance, if you intend to follow that route.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      That question is best answered by lawyers engaged through your insurance, if you intend to follow that route.
      Thanks, I have Googled it and its comes under Property Injunction, so I'm hoping they might cover it. Its been an ongoing issues over 2 years, and we are fed up with it. There are other places to park, but they always park across our drive, blocking us in, irrespective its only for a few minutes.

Comment

The fact that he is a councillor has no bearing with the Police. Is he your councillor or for a different ward? You could report him to the council standards committee?

Comment

Have you applied to your local council for a disabled parking bay outside your house? one restriction with this is that any blue badge holder can use it

Comment

Dropped kerb and double yellow lines are not police matters - they won't be interested whether he's a councillor or not. (NB - they might be interested if he is blocking you in by preventing your car from leaving your property and accessing the road. I believe that is an offence).

When it happens next time contact the council parking dept and tell them you want the dropped kerb and double yellows enforced. Take photos yourself as eveidence of the infringement. If the council won't do anything make a formal complaint to them and to their monitoring officer, using your photos as evidence of the lack of enforcement.

You could try making a complaint about the councillor's conduct to the council's standards committees, but I'm not sure if you can only complain about their conduct when acting as a councillor, not as a private citizen.

Either way you really need to be complaining to the council, not the police.

Comment

Originally posted by tesla6518 View Post
              Have you applied to your local council for a disabled parking bay outside your house? one restriction with this is that any blue badge holder can use it
              We were refused a disabled parking bay on the grounds we are too close to a junction, even though we live in a culdesac.

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                The fact that he is a councillor has no bearing with the Police. Is he your councillor or for a different ward? You could report him to the council standards committee?
                Thanks, we will go down this route of his behaviour doesn't improve.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X