• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement proceedings for a CCJ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcement proceedings for a CCJ?

I currently have one against me by a company. What can they do in terms of enforcing?
    I understand they can have bailiffs visit my property - not a worry, as I recently moved address.
    What can they do re: attachments of earnings? If you are on benefits and not working?
    They have my bank details i.e. sort code and account number but I no longer use that account. I have another account with the same bank.
    They also know I use another bank but that is the extent of what they know.
    My banks are, obviously, on Experian.

I want to know what they can do to claim their money. I want to ensure the money I have is safe whilst I appeal the judgment.
    Tags: None

You can be summoned to answer questions in court and to produce documents to extract information that will enable your judgement creditor to decide on appropriate enforcement steps.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Would they be able to say to a judge "we know he has a bank with Barclays, can you enforce it so we take money directly from that bank" if they do not know any other details?

Comment

CPR Practice Direction 72:
        Application notice rule 72.3

1.1 An application for a third party debt order must be made by filing an application notice in Practice Form N349.

1.2 The application notice must contain the following information

(1) the name and address of the judgment debtor;

(2) details of the judgment or order sought to be enforced;

(3) the amount of money remaining due under the judgment or order;

(6) if the third party is a bank or building society

(a) its name and the address of the branch at which the judgment debtor's account is believed to be held; and

(b) the account number;
        And you can be summoned to give that information.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

But they can't access said account themselves? See bank statements, etc.

Comment

How many times is it necessary to say that your judgement creditor can summon you to answer questions and produce documents?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X