• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cowboy builder property damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy builder property damage

Hi everyone

I live in a terraced house and yesterday a builder (in the loosest sense of the word!) arrived to replace the soffits and gutterings on the house next door (it is rented and the landlord uses this builder as he is cheap). When he replaced the guttering (it is all in one length on the back of the houses) he removed it from the join and has used bigger guttering with an end cap on the property next door - he has left mine open (on the end) and also cracked my guttering. I approached him about this and initially he claimed he had not damaged my guttering - luckily I have photos from a few weeks ago that prove that my guttering was not cracked.

Do I send a letter to him or the landlord who appointed him to do the work? My brother-in-law is bringing his drone up tomorrow so I can get some accurate pictures of the mess he has left.

Thanks in advance as always.

Foxy
    Tags: None

Can anyone advise please?

Comment

The landlord

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        The landlord
        Hi Des8

Thanks for your reply.

Could you signpost me to a template letter please to send to the landlord as I have looked and cannot find one - maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

Thanks again.

Comment

I doubt there is a template that fits.
          Just write and tell him the builder he employed has damaged your property whilst working on the neighbouring house
          Indicate what damage has been sustained
          Tell him you regard him liable as the owner, and anticipate he will reimburse you for the cost of repairs.

Presumably you will instruct your own builders

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X