• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Foreign object found in pet treats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign object found in pet treats

Hi

Im new here and im not sure if this is the right section to post but here it is anyway.

I found a piece of Hessian fibre in my dog treats. I photographed it and sent it with an email to the producers stating what i had found. They emailed me back the next day accepting liability and told me exactly how this got into the food. See below.

We were very sorry to hear that you have found a foreign body found baked inside a Marrowbone roll and please accept our apologies for this. Thank you for sending the images to assist with our investigation.

It is clear to see that this foreign body is a nylon “Hessian” style fibre from an ingredient bag, This has entered the product at the mixing of the dough and hence baked into the biscuit. This style of ingredient bag is forbidden on our site and because of that, some suppliers that purchase ingredients in these bags, decant their products into paper bags prior to shipping to us. We believe that during the decanting process this fibre has entered the paper bag. This is purely due to lack of care being taken at this point.

This, we will be taking this up with the suppliers of the ingredients used in this recipe as it is totally unacceptable and harmful to our business.

Once again, please accept our apologies and be assured that we take all complaints very seriously. They are all logged for trending, placed on the KPI report, displayed on the Quality board and discussed at the operations meeting.

Do not hesitate to contact us at any time in the future should you ever feel you need to.

Regards,
    I then used ChatGPT to generate me an email asking for compensation but their reply seemed to just fob me off. See below.

Thank you for your response to our Technical team’s email. My colleague, was on annual leave at the end of last week, so I have picked this up in her absence.

Here at Fold Hill Foods our customers and their four-legged friends are of the upmost importance, and whilst I understand your frustration, our technical team have carried out a full and thorough investigation into the complaint raised.

If I could ask you to send across a full veterinary report that confirms the product has caused direct harm to your dog, I can pass that information through to our Technical team to review further .

As previously advised, if you return to the Poundland store you purchased the marrowbone rolls from ( with your proof of purchase) they will be able to issue you a refund or replacement for the marrowbone rolls.

I do appreciate the inconvenience caused, so as a gesture of goodwill, on this occasion, I will send out a replacement bag of the marrowbone rolls, if you could kindly send your delivery address, we will get them sent out first thing in the morning.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can assist you further.

Many thanks,
    What should my next steps be seeing that i still have the physical evidence and they have openly admitted liability.

Thanx in advance.
    Tags: None

Have you obtained the vet's report? How much have you spent on vet's bills?

Alternatively, you could accept the gesture of a replacement bag of treats.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      Have you obtained the vet's report? How much have you spent on vet's bills?

Alternatively, you could accept the gesture of a replacement bag of treats.
      My dog did not eat any of the plastic and she is ok so we didn't take her to the vets.

Comment

I think had they offered something as 'Goodwill' in their first email, then the matter would be resolved. Something to recognize that you alerted them to the 'foreign body' in the treat. I think they handled it wrong, but no harm as been caused, so a gesture of 'Goodwill' will be the end of the matter for them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X