• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Respondent’s representative conducting viedo hearing from outside the jurisdiction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respondent’s representative conducting viedo hearing from outside the jurisdiction

There will be a video hearing in the Employment Tribunal. The Respondent wants that its representative who is located abroad conducts this hearing from outside the jurisdiction

I would like to know the following:

Is it an automatic right or does the Respondent has to make a formal application supported by evidence to the Employment Tribunal to have permission that its representative conducts this video hearing from abroad?

Should the tribunal grants this permission only when there is no other possibility when the Respondent is located abroad or it has a witness who is located abroad because this in the case of the respondent who can if it wishes uses a representative which is located within the jurisdiction and not one who is outside the jurisdiction?

For the reason that this will cause me the following detriments:
    1. There will be transmission of image and sounds of me outside the jurisdiction what I do not like
    2. The Respondent's representative would not have any deterrent not to record this hearing because it could not be prosecuted because it is located outside the jurisdiction
    1. The quality of the transmission could not be good because the huge distance between the United Kingdom and the foreign country from which the Respondent’s representative intends to conduct this hearing
    I would like to oppose that the Respondent’s representative conducts this hearing from outside the jurisdiction so I need know also which law deals with this issue
    Tags: None

Haven't we covered this? What has changed since your previous thread?

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...gs-from-abroad
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

There may ideed be a rule against it, but, your objections as stated will not carry a great deal of weight. Sorry.

Comment

The big different with the previous thread is that the Respondent does not have anymore a witness who will give evidence from abroad which means that it is not anymore necessary that this hearing is conducted from outside the jurisdiction because the Respondent itself is located in the UK

My objections will be based on the law so their weights will depend on how the fact that the Respondent’s representative conducts this hearing from abroad and whether or not he has made an application for permission to do so and whether or not this permission has been granted compliy with the law. It is why I need to know this law.

Comment

Concerning the issue about whether or not the Respondent has to make an application for permission so that its Representative conducts the hearing outside the jurisdiction, there is also the problem of how long it advance this should be done because I think that it will not be acceptable that during this hearing one party without any warning informs suddenly the tribunal and the other party that he is conducted this hearing from outside the jurisdiction in a country far away from the UK

Comment

[deleted]
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I do not know the law about this issue but I suppose that concerning proceedings started in the jurisdiction of the UK the parties are expected to conduct the hearing from this jurisdiction.

Concerning the issue about whether or not the Respondent has to make an application for permission so that its Representative conducts the hearing outside the jurisdiction, there is also the problem of how long it advance this should be done because I think that it will not be acceptable that during this hearing one party takes anyone by surprise by informing without any warning suddenly the tribunal and the other party that he is conducted this hearing from outside the jurisdiction in a country far away from the UK.

I do not know the law concerning this issue and the party who knows the law has an advantage over the other party

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X