• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting at Primark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting at Primark

Hello. It’s embarrassing but today I got shoplifting at Primark. I know what I did was wrong but as a single mum I’m struggling a bit with money so the goods I attempted to steal was for my baby. I returned all the goods and security guard told me I’m banned from Primark and that they will send me a fine to my address. Items were about £20 worth. How much fine will I receive?
    Also they said in case I don’t pay the fine then police will be involved? Is that true?
    They took a photo of me and they took my details from my ID card. No police was called.
    I know what I did was wrong and I won’t do it ever again.. this was the first time I’ve done something like this and I’m regretting doing it..

thank you x
    Tags: None

Another security guard making it up as he goes along!

No police involved at the time then whether or not you pay their demand for money the chances of it being reported are close to zero.

The money demand you will receive from a different company (Retail Loss Prevention) is not a fine.
    Fines are levied by courts
    This is a speculative invoice for imagined losses which may be ignored.
    You have not caused any loss to primark and so there is nothing to pay.

You will receive a number of threatening letters from RLP, but ignore them and eventually they stop coming.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X